Friday, June 09, 2006

Come see me speak......

....at the second annual Tallahassee (FL) Code Camp on June 17, 2006. It's at Florida State University (looks like I'll be getting another hat for my hat collection) and is an all-day geeky event. Seriously, it's a professional event sponsored by Microsoft that features some of the best minds in the south giving presentations about current topics in technology. I know a lot of the presenters and it's always enjoyable socializing at the event.

My session is titled "Data Warehousing Essentials with SQL Server 2005". This session will cover historical and current trends in data warehousing, the fundamentals of building a data warehouse, and discussion of ETL (extract, transform, and load) techniques. The tool I'll be using to demonstrate the project will be the Visual Studio 2005 Business intelligence suite, also known as SSIS (SQL Server Integration Systems). I'll use SQL Server 2005 for the database as well as Oracle 10g.

Here's the link for the site to read about and register for the event: TLH Code Camp.

I'll be available at the invite-only social on Friday night as well as the open post-party on Saturday night if you have questions about data warehouse or just want to chat. I can also schedule some 1-on-1 time during the event on Saturday to talk about your specific application and answer questions. Leave me a comment and I'll email you.

Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they read your blog they can come to the party.

Anonymous said...

Previous comment by www.devfish.net. See you tomorrow!