Monday, June 19, 2006

Tallahassee Code Camp Review

I have returned safely from the Tallhassee code camp. All in all it was a great weekend; here are my comments:

1) The session ("Data Warehouse Essentials") went really well. There were ~20 people in attendance. Got some great questions from the group, and if you personally requested me to mail you the materials, you will get them this week as soon as I attach my copyright and legal notice to the slides.

2) The code camp was good. A little smaller than last year, but I think all are in agreement that it should be moved back to September. Thanks to Keith Rowe and Jose Fuentes for putting on a great time. Paradise Bar was a good hangout place and I appreciated the hospitality shown by the TLH locals.

3) Thanks to Joe and Tom for being great passengers on the ride to/fro the event.

4) If you're ever in Suwanee (on U.S. 19), check out the bbq shack there. It was a great place and reminded me so much that we are in the beautiful South, better known as God's country.

5) I highly recommend a visit to the old state capitol if you're ever in Tallahassee. It is now a museum full of interesting facts about the state of FL. It doesn't hold a candle to the Missouri state capitol in beauty or size but it is a Southern building and is worth the look.

It was a successful event and thanks to all those who helped produce it and especially those who attended my session.

No comments: