Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tampa Code Camp

Time for the 2nd annual Tampa Code Camp. The Tampa code camp was my first code camp and I can easily recall the great time that it provided. Code camps are a professional conference, by and for the community, free for all. It is sponsored by Microsoft and contributed by other local groups. Top notch speakers from the state, region, and nation decend on Tampa on July 15 to speak at USF.

I'll be doing two sessions. The sessions are "Data for Dummies: Introduction to Data Warehousing". This session is the entry level session covering data warehouse practices and principles. The second session, "Data for Dummies Part 2: Advanced Data Warehousing" will cover intermediate and advanced data warehousing concepts including advanced data transformations, slowly changing dimensions, partitioned spaces, and some DBA tasks. It's not imperative to attend one session to receive anything from the other although they are designed to be cumulative.

For my friends (coworkers) who want to attend my session but not the entire code camp, please DO NOT register. The code camp is over 1/2 full already before the official open registration. I will let you know when and where my sessions will be held and you can attend my sessions only. If you would like to attend other sessions, please DO register. Without registration, you will be unable to attend the lunch and register for the drawings.

The code camp will be held at the University of South Florida (my future graduate alma mater) in the Business Administration building (my second home).

If I've personally invited you from out of town, drop me a line and I may (no promises) secure you an invite to the Friday night gathering. The Saturday night post-party is open to every attendee of the code camp and I will be there guaranteed. I'm always willing to chat and if you buy the beer I'll be more than happy to talk your ear off.

Here's the link to the website: Tampa Code Camp 2006

If you look through the video of the South Florida code camp on the website you might just see my presentation......

No comments: