Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vacations


An interesting note - I am writing this post from my tent at a Florida state park where I have come to enjoy a couple days of solitude (yeah right) and catch up on some reading and minor work tasks. Seems to be the only place I can get anything done. Hopefully I'll get some kayaking and bass fishing in as well.


Earlier in the week I was in Puerto Rico, and I can tell you it is a great place to visit. There is nothing quite as relaxing as sitting under a palm tree on the beach listening to the waves. Sure I could do that in Florida, but then I feel the pressing need to be doing things at home, visiting people, so I decided to take an island getaway and brush up on my Spanish. It was absolutely thrilling, touring around San Juan, old San Juan, Condado beach, Isla Verde, and all the other sights that PR has to offer. I'm looking forward to a return trip to enjoy some scuba diving and a rain forest tour.


Here's a picture I took in Old San Juan of the forts.



No comments: