Saturday, October 11, 2008

IE 8.0 Review

Hello readers. It's been a while since I posted and I apologize about that. Let me start with a comment about Internet Explorer 8, which I have installed on my Dell laptop. Yeah, this is my main computer since I still have not found anything on the market to satisfy my needs (See earlier post about Laptops). Apple is coming out with a new line this week which might be promising.

Anyways, I installed IE 8.0 which is supposed to be more stable and quicker than IE7. Let me say that I use IE for everything so I can't compare it to Firefox. IE8 does have some nice right click menus (called Accelerators) which allow different functions (Blog with Windows Live is one). The concept of accelerators holds a lot of promise. With regards to websites, I've had no issue with about 95% of the pages, some of them work best in compatibility mode, which is a great mode inclusion for the browser. It does seem quicker with less overhead, and the 3 or 4 times that it's crashed, it pulls itself right back up where it left off, which is nice cleanup work. The one complaint I do have is how much the brower slows down with Flash pages, and Adobe PDF files. I'm not sure why that is, but let's hope it gets fixed for the final release.

All in all, a nice upgrade from IE7.

No comments: