Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Year in Review

First I would like to wish everyone a happy new year.  In many ways it's difficult to comprehend that another year has come and gone, a year that was challenging for many.   I am pleased to say and say it with some trepidation that 2008 was an excellent year for myself and Durable Impact.  DI is making some real progress in acquiring projects and clients and now I have a very good springboard for launching into 2009.  

One thing I didn't quite accomplish this year is giving a lot of presentations.  By my count, I only did five events this year.  I was very busy building DI up and traveled about 32 of the 52 weeks.  Traveling is not conductive to building a brand by giving speeches, but it is better to travel and make money than to give talks for free.  I have been and will always try to find a happy medium.  

SQL Saturday last February and the Day of Data event were great successes.  Pam Shaw and I are hosting another SQL Saturday on January 24 at the KFORCE facility in downtown Tampa.  Unfortunately, I was not able to put together a Day of Data to go with the Saturday, so maybe I'll host one in the spring. 

With 2008 we saw a launch of SQL Server 2008 and some great improvements to the SSIS tool suite.   With the coming launch of Windows 7 in 2009/early 2010, it's looking to be another good year for Microsoft. 

As for my personal goals, I'm just interested in working, building up DI, helping out the community where I can, and having a general all around good time.  If you're ever in Tampa and want to chat, drop me a line through the DI website (linked on the left) at the Contact Us form.   I will also try to put up more blog postings, as I have a fairly strong amount of readership and don't like to disappoint.  
 
Here's to a great 2008 and an even better 2009.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you didn't blog about becoming a fruit toter in 2008